Niacinamide (aka Vitamin B3) is a powerhouse performer which you can find at clinical levels in our Bio-Shroom Rejuvenating Serum. It has a long list of skin-improving benefits for all skin types, and we adore it. And for a really great reason. 6+ reasons, in fact!
- Niacinamide helps fight acne-causing bacteria by releasing antimicrobial peptides from the skin's microbiome.
- It strengthens your skin barrier by increasing the production of ceramides between skin cells.
- It reduces redness and irritation through its anti-inflammatory activity.
- It brightens by minimizing melanin transfer among cells.
- It smoothes fine lines and wrinkles and improves texture by boosting cellular renewal and collagen production.
- It shrinks pores and reduces oiliness by regulating sebum and keeping pores clean.
What is the best way to deliver niacinamide to the skin?
According to Vogue Magazine (that feature's biophile in their article!), applying niacinamide topically in the form of a cream, lotion, or serum is the best method:
"Studies have demonstrated that niacinamide penetrates well into the skin and is readily absorbed, so you want your skin to have time to absorb the niacinamide and put it to work," she explains. Generally speaking, niacinamide can be used at any time of day—one to two times daily depending on the formulation—and generally in combination with other products without issue. Typically, serums are the most potent and have the highest concentrations of actives."
The Bio-Shroom Rejuvenating Serum
This award-winning serum features our nutrient-dense Shroom Biotic Broth™. Made with 3 powerful mushrooms, it's the ultimate anti-oxidant and adaptogenic support for stressed-out skin.
Powerful, age-defying actives niacinamide, vitamin C and peptides work to rejuvenate, while a matrix of bio-hydrators infuse skin with plumping moisture. Skin appears and feels instantly smoother, calmer and more radiant. With continued use, fine lines and wrinkles visibly fade.